Choose us for toddler care in New Maryland. "Our goal as your son's or daughter's educators is to guide them, not to lead them. We will do this by providing a developmentally appropriate environment and interesting materials and by giving them adequate time to explore, play, and interact with materials. Our classroom is constantly changing to provide the available materials to our programs for toddlers so as to keep your child's interest and peak their curiosity."
At New Maryland Children's Centre Ltd., we provide a 360° learning experience for toddlers aged 2 to 3 years that encourages their love of learning. Take a look at our program features below:
- Spatial awareness - this program includes sharing/cleaning up. It lets your child take responsibility for what they've played with and encourages them to help others.
- Introduction to colours, shapes, numbers and alphabets
- Weather – enhance their vocabulary by discussing the day's weather (hot, cold, rainy, cloudy, windy, snowy, dark, bright).
- Support outdoor adventures - look for bugs, rocks, flowers, etc. Discuss colours and compare sizes.
- Learn about their bodies and their functions - arms, legs, back, chest, belly, fingers, toes, neck, ears, nose and eyes
- Feelings - use words to express their needs and feelings.
- Fine motor skills - colouring, cutting, painting, rolling/manipulating play-doh and moving small objects.
- Gross motor skills - dancing, exercises (children's yoga), running and jumping.
- Independent eating - providing appropriate utensils for mealtimes/snack times, using regular cups, offering condiments and letting them choose.
- Introduce your toddler to new experiences/words - field trips, new activities, special guests (magician, fireman, policeman and ambulance/attendant).
- Expand attention span - gradually increase time spent on activities.
- Support creativity - provide resources (boxes, ribbons, markers, paint, etc.) and follows their lead in how they're used.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. You can also download our parent information here.